Sunday, March 13, 2011

What Ana did

Anakin became a part of my life back in 2002. Oh how badly I wanted to get him when we first met in the store. My mother tells me that we fell in love from the moment we first met. You know what they say, it takes one to know one. Crappy joke... But anyways, Ana is a really special boy.

His warm and perpetually "hungry" presence lights up my home. Because of his unending greed for food, he receives unending scoldings (mostly playful) from my family. Those playful scoldings create a certain camaraderie and light-hearted feel to my home.  

Whenever I return home from a tiring day at school, Ana is always there to greet me with a few whacks from his tail and the side of his huge body. 

And back when I was 10 or 11, a lady in my estate, who really liked Ana, gave me a holiday job as a dog-sitter. I got paid $5 an hour thanks to Ana!

And the most important benefit of having Ana in my life is our daily walks. I usually take him out at about 9.00 p.m. These walks are really amazing because they provide me with about 15 minutes of uninterrupted personal time. I let Ana go free of his leash and while he scavenges for more food and a place to do his businesses, I spend my time reconciling my unending thoughts and worries. I usually solve my day's problems in this short amount of time. Come to think of it- it really is amazing. Thank you Anakin, I love you. 

So what about you? Do you have pets? If you do, have they impacted your lives in any substantial way? Please do share. I would really love to find out how different people feel about their pets.

3 comments:

  1. Anakin - Nice name, Does it mean something?

    Couldnt resist to share when I got to reflect about this.

    My pet has allowed me to experience how it is like to have a younger sibling. She is like an infant- speechless or rather incomprehensible. Yet she says so much to everyone in the house or maybe we just make to much of her little gestures.

    Either ways, she adds so much to our lives. Making us more sensitive towards others, allowing us to have sharper emotional perceptions - it is wierd how some people can "understand" their pets better than they understand their family and friends you know!

    In my case, I really have to thank her for allowing me to be more sensitive or rather patient with children and the young ones.

    And what is with them being ever greedy for food?! She is always getting scolded for her innocent little mischiefs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! It's very nice to know that. When Anakin first came into my life, I was obsessed with Star Wars. So I named him Anakin because that name resembled Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars. My mother didn't like that name at all! Oh and please keep sharing. I replied to your comment on "Reality" by the way. Sorry for doing that so late.

    Oh and do you have a blog? It seems that you have quite a contemplative personality. I'm sure you put down your thoughts somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see. I never followed/watched the Star Wars series.

    I apologise for not having replied to your comment on "Reality"- Thanks for your reply and I understand that with practice, the gap between thinking and acting is closed in terms of realising the truth.

    I journal my thoughts privately. I do not have a blog as of now. However, I do see the importance of one in my life and will be starting one soon.

    ReplyDelete